|Important Updates and Forms
Home Buying Seminars are available monthly from the
Housing Partnership. It is required for participation in the
First Time Home Buyers Program. These classes are
FREE! Click on the link below to see the schedule and
reserve your seat as soon as possible! Check back
regularly for additional classes.
If you are interested in the First Time Home Buyer Program,
please click on the link below to download the Application.
Complete and return to the Housing Partnership for further
review. Thank you.
- Loan amount based on financial needs of applicant;
- Maximum loan of $10,000 for purchase of a home in a
- Maximum loan of $12,500 for purchase of a home in the
City of Coatesville or in a Borough;
- Interest rate of zero percent (0%);
- Recording of a second mortgage lien on the property being
- Repayment of the loan when the home is sold, transferred
To be eligible for a loan, a borrower must:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Have a total gross household income at or below 80% of
the median income, adjusted for household size;
- Intend to occupy the property being purchased as a primary
- Be able to secure a 30 year, fixed rate mortgage from a
local lending institution;
- Not have owned a home in the last 3 years or be a
The maximum gross annual income limits for the program are:
This program is an initiative
of the Housing Partnership
of Chester County and the
Chester County Department
of Community Development
(DCD). Funding for down
payment and closing cost
assistance is provided by
DCD and monies received
from repayment of loans by
previous participants. DCD
also grants HPCC
approximately 50% of the
funds needed to administer
the First Time Home Buyer
Program. Fundraising is
needed for the balance.
Take the steps toward successful homeownership
|The HPCC's First Time Home Buyer Program is intended to assist low and
moderate income individuals and families interested in purchasing a first home
within Chester County. The Program provides pre-purchase home ownership
counseling and a loan for down payment and closing costs to first time home
Buyer Cash Contribution
- At least $1,000 towards the purchase of the home plus (2)
months reserves by settlement;
- Maximum allowable down payment 20% (Minimum LTV
- Liquid assets of borrower after closing cannot exceed
Settlement expenses that may be included in the loan are:
- Fees or premiums for title examination and title insurance;
- Fees for preparation of a deed, settlement statement, and
other closing documents;
- Escrows for property taxes, hazard insurance and private
- Fees for notary, credit report, appraisal, and home
- Transfer taxes and recording fees;
- Loan discount points and origination fees;
- Down payment and/or closing costs.
|For more information on the First Time Home Buyer Program,
please call our office at (610) 518-1522.
In order to protect the privacy of our clients, an appointment is required to enter our office. All applications must be mailed or
deposited in the lock box at the front door. There are no exceptions! Thank you.
Take a look at our program participants and read about their road to
homeownership. If you would like to share your experience at the Housing
Partnership with others, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible Properties must:
- Be existing or newly constructed single family residences within
- Be detached, semi-detached, attached, or condominiums;
- Meet HUD housing quality and lead-based paint standards;
- Have a sales price that does not exceed FHA limits, adjusted
annually per FHA.
|Housing Partnership of Chester County
|* Download an application using the link below. Mail the completed application along with requested documents to
Housing Partnership, 41 W. Lancaster Ave, Downingtown, Pa 19335.
* Use the Class Schedule link below to view our current Home Buying Seminar. Use the email address on the page to sign
up for the class. This class is mandatory!
* Once your application has been reviewed you will be contacted by our Home Buying Counselor.
|This loan program may only be used once per person. Counseling services may be accessed at any time